Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Brotherly love. Blah, blah, blah.
















I think its called brotherly love. It's what Ollie and I don't share. Ollie is my brother and is much bigger than I am. I am older by about a year. Ollie is a Bearded Collie, a herding dog. Know what that means? It means that he is a complete control freak! You can see it in the photo. Here I am minding my own business, returning with the ball that mom threw for ME. And along comes Ollie running beside me and telling me what to do. I already know what to do! Ollie won't even let me pee or poop in peace. He thinks he needs to control me doing that too. Can't a guy get a break?

Ollie and I don't get along real well. Dad says we are not compatible because I am a terrierist, I mean terrier and because Ollie is a herding dog . Mom says it’s because we are both so spoiled; I am sure she meant to say that it is because Ollie is so spoiled.

Sometimes Ollie gets near mom and that makes me mad. Sometimes Ollie gets one of my toys and that makes me mad. Sometimes Ollie is in the same space that I am in and that makes me made too. Sometimes I hear Ollie grunt, sigh, whimper, moan, groan, breathe, bark or whatever and that makes me mad. He just plain makes me mad.

What I haven’t told you is how Ollie runs into me and knocks me for a loop. He thinks its funny, and I think that Dad does too because he never tells him not to do it. But let him do that in front of mom and she flies off the handle! Boy, does she get mad. No matter how many times Mom tells him not to, he still does it…..duh Ollie, that means stop!

Sometimes Ollie and I fight. Mom and Dad think they have it figured out. If the fight starts in the house, they figure I started it. If the fight starts outside, they figure Ollie started it. Hello…don’t you two know anything? Ollie starts all of the fights. Geez.

Oh, to be an only dog!

No comments: