Monday, April 17, 2006

Another Ollie! But this time a WFT named Ollie!


I wanted to tell you about a new friend of mine, Ollie. No! Not my brother Ollie. Another WFT named Ollie. Ollie is just a baby at 4 months old. He was saved by his mom Rachel after he apparently got into something toxic and was dropped off at the vets. Rachel and Ollie also share their home with several other dogs, two Border Collies: Zach who is 2 yrs old and Jessie who is 11 months and Picasso a 7 yr. old Toy Poodle, Tyke a 4 yr. old Boston Terrier mix, and Milo a 4 month old Great Pyrenees. This photo was taken with Milo, the Pyreees pup.

Rachel says this about Ollie. “The first day he arrived at the clinic they did not think he would make it. He pulled through and has been doing pretty well until this past Sunday when he took a turn for the worse. Once again, he somehow managed the strength to fight his way back. He is still far from well but he is better. He has started drinking on his own (I was having to force fluids down him) and is a little more active today. Even with being so sick, I can tell Ollie is going to be an exceptional dog. He is SOOOO sweet! He loves to give kisses and has to be touching me all the time. He sleeps on the bed with me and, when he was well enough to walk around, he followed me all over the house. Unfortunately, I have yet to see this feisty, impulsive, playful Wire Fox Terrier personality I have read so much about but I know it is in there somewhere. I keep telling him I am going to enjoy the moments I have snuggling with him right now because I am sure when he is well he is going to be a real little terror! :o) I look forward to that day! “

We are praying for Ollie to make a quick and full recovery. We can’t wait to hear stories of his antics with the other dogs. So, good luck buddy! We’ll be praying for you!

No comments: