Wednesday, September 28, 2005

New Door


My dad has been working hard to build a new door for the house and I can't say that I'm very happy about it. Not that it's not a beautiful door- because it is, but he wasn't very thoughtful of me and my needs when he built it. All the windows are clear at the top of the door. How am I suppose to see out when I jump up? Besides, my mom thinks it is the cutest thing in the world to see my little head and ears pop up and down in the windows of our current door when she comes home. I always get extra kisses for that!
Dad has been working really hard on the door and mom says it is made of something called quartersawn white oak- whatever that means. I just know that when I do my jumping thing and scratch the door that dad won't have any sense of humor about it. Sometimes, when dad is upset with me - he mugs me. Once, he swore that I owed him ten dollars and he mugged me to get it back. He only pulls that stuff when mom isn't home. She never lets him beat me up. Mom forgets sometimes though that I am a tough boy and that I don't need her to protect me. It's just a game I play to make her feel good.
Anyway, check out dad's new door. Mom is really excited about it and we are all proud of dad.

No comments: