Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Mrs. Robinson.... here's Mackie!



It’s official; I am now a family dog…whatever that means. Last night was my final night of Family Dog I training and I graduated with flying colors. Mom has been working with me in the mornings after Dad and Ollie are gone so I can show off a bit in class. Although there were about 10-12 dogs that started the class, only five of us finished. Not sure why, I think that everyone was doing really well. I can sit, stay, heel, come, wait, stand and a bunch of other things. The only thing I don’t like doing is staying when mom is out of sight…that’s a hard one. Anyway, I am a graduate…so, where in the heck is my sportscar? Where is my silly cap? And where in the heck is Mrs. Robinson? (That's what I'm talking about!)

Mom says that she would like to sign me up for Family Dog II training. Can’t she give me a break or something? Can’t a guy take a vacation?

On top of everything else, Mom has decided to put me on a diet. (Check me out in my pics. Aren;t I just the picture of health and fitness? Mom really loves the one of me "pointing" as I looked for a squirrel.) She claims I’ve gained a lot of weight this winter (Hello, mom- have you looked in the mirror lately? You know the old saying, right? If your dog is fat, you aren’t getting enough exercise! Heheheheh! I just love that one!) My treats have been cut significantly, as has my kibble. Mom is still giving me some scrambled egg in my dinner, so that makes up for some of it, but I am thinking of staging a MUTINY! Okay, okay, I understand that we aren’t on a boat….how about a revolution? A revolt? An uprising? An insurrection? Now, who’s with me?

No comments: